Monday, February 11, 2008

Have I Found Joy and Passed it to Others?

Have I found joy? Yes, I have. My joy is the outdoors. I love to be outside. I am dazzled by nature and hope to have a job in the outdoors. I like to observe animals in their natural habitat and hope to see the world's wildlife. Every time I am stressed I go outside and I feel instantly relaxed. My other joy is being with my family. I like to travel and be with them. They keep me happy when I would be mad if they were not there. My third joy is my pets. They have a different aspect to them that is hard to explain. I have had many pets including many cats and dogs and more unusual ones such as a hermit crab, fish, a chameleon, and an injured hawk we sent to an animal shelter. This joy is similar to my joy of the outdoors. I like to care for animals and be outside in short.

Have I ever spread my joy? That would be a yes. I enjoy sharing my knowledge of nature to family and friends, especially with my brother. We will be outside and my brother sees a bird and I tell him the name of it. I also enjoy going on night walks with my dad since I enjoy nocturnal animals such as bats and owls. If you look at my blog title you will notice it says Tyto Alba which is the name for the common Barn Owl also known as the Monkey Faced Owl or the Ghost Owl. It is not the typical hoot owl you commonly know of. Instead, it sounds a lot different calling a shrill shriek! and it looks very different too. Instead of having yellow eyes and the face of a normal owl it has dark brown eyes, a white bowl shaped face, and long, naked legs. I have put out Barn Owl nest boxes and hope they take residence in them. If they do, my family will have another wonderful joy to add to their list.

0 comments: